Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Why Rocky and Dusty Didn't Serve Much Time in Prison

Feistymom,

I did get your questions this morning. The truth is I don't know. Rocky actually did 20 years in prison, and remember when he was first sentenced he sort of took the wrap for her. It was only after he learned that she had used him and virtually dumped him that he decided to tell the real story of what happened. This could have had an impact on how much time he actually served. Dusty didn't serve all of her time. I will have to go back through my notes in a few to check, but if I am not mistaken, I thought Dusty Brown's defense attorney told me that the judge felt sympathetic towards her. Let me double check that.

Update: 11:41am: I wasn't able to find a copy of the entire conversation that I had with Dusty's public defender. So I can't be sure if she said that. Someone did, I just can't remember who. Anyway, in my Rocky Jackson notes I had a comment that he made regarding his case:

"Confrontation with me". I regret it. I live with it everyday."

"The military found me guilty before I was even tried."

This part is not legible, but it says "Eligible for parole after 10 years. The Clemency Board told me to enjoy my time."

The notes on that part are choppy, which is why I didn't include them in the first notes. That's all I have on him for now. Hope that helps Fiestymom.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Mrs. Reyes,

Thank you so much for that info..it is crazy how justice was served in this case which wasnt at all what it shouldve been. This story is one of the saddest I have ever seen besides "Bitter Blood" on LMN. Have you ever seen that one?

Anonymous said...

Fiesty Moma,

Bitter Blood is a fascinating story and the book is even better than the movie. It took place in my hometown (Winston-Salem NC) so I took a special interest. I interviewed the author, Jerry Bledsoe, on the tenth anniversary of the Winston-Salem murders. A sad story that would be almost unbelievable were it not actually true.

Unknown said...

Anonymous,

Yes it is a fascinating story, never read the book, but the movie is unbelievable..do you happen to know what ever happened to the boys dad? What awful tragedy this man had to go thru..

Anonymous said...

I think it's really really sickening that Ralph & Dusty think they deserve to be out of prison. They should spend life in prison for taking life.

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised there has not been a re-enactment on "deadly women" about this case

Andrea said...

I have a question about the movie, although it has nothing to do with the case so I hope you can answer it. The song that was playing in the bar scene when Dusty met Chris for the first time, while they were dancing. I have tried my best to find what the name of it is and/or who sings it. If you can please tell me the name. I love yhe song and really would like to have it. Thank you so much. Please if you can send me an email anponce123@yahoo.com.